cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

McAfee to Norton Update

Do you not think BT should suspend temporarily the McAfee to Norton Update and get it sorted out before offering the update to customers and causing headaches all round ??

Just saying.......

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: McAfee to Norton Update

What's wrong with it? My update went really well. Simply uninstall one and install the other !

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi @atttim and thanks for posting.

It should be an easy process to switch them over as @ZooBurner has mentioned. If you have any problems let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I am trying to change from McAfee to Norton on my Android 7.1.1 without success.  Following the instructions from MyBT I finally get directed to a download of BT Virus Protect on PlayStore which only downloads the old McAfee app.

The app was last updated on 7/3/19 whereas on my tablet it shows to be updated on 19/11/21 by Norton.  Deleting and reinstalling the app only loads the old version again.  No updates are available on my phone.

Any words of wisdom?   

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

I'm trying to Upgrade on an iMac and get a "Classic environment is no longer supported" message and a Safari "No available application can open it" message when I try and action the Norton installer download.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Congratulations !!
It appears quite a few appear to be having problems ......
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @gilly3, welcome to the forum, and sorry you're having trouble moving to Norton. 

As you are on Android 7.1.1 you are taken back to the McAfee version. For Norton, you must be running Android 8.0 or later.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi @Geoph, welcome to the forum, and sorry you're getting these errors trying to change over to Norton.

Are you using a version of Mac older than 10.14?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I’m running Mojave 10.14.6, which is the latest release for Mojave.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

I have Android 11 but I still cant download  BTs Norton package.   It tells me that Chrome is not supported!!

0 Ratings