cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: McAfee to Norton not working

Go to solution

Sorry but what the techie told you isn’t true, last week a techie took over my Mac and deleted numerous hidden McAfee files, my Mac now has Norton on it and it’s working fine.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Ok, thanks for letting me know. I am spending time at the moment trying to find any elusive files! I'm running 14.6. Wonder if I should move up to 15?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Hello 570dpj  my Mac 13.6 so you don't need to upgrade

This should help you

Go > Applications > Application Support > McAfee > Trash the Folder.

Go > Computer > Library > McAfee> Trash the Folder

Go > Computer > Library > LaunchDaemons > Type 'McAfee’ >Trash all found Files.

Go> Computer > Library > PreferencePanes > Type 'McAfee’ Search Bar > Trash all found Files. 

Go > Computer > Library > LaunchAgents > Type 'McAfee’ in the Search Bar > Trash all found Files.

Last Step: Empty the Trash > Perform a System Restart.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you. Tried all that and no difference. I still have the True Key app, but can't delete that yet!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I have manually removed McAfee and removed the LaunchAgents.  I restarted my mac and launched the installer but it hangs as it did before.  All I get is a blank page with 'My Norton' followed by 'Installer'.  I have restarted several times and done searches for any orphaned apps or code lines but nothing is found.

Having used Norton in the past I was not that impressed so not sure why BT moved from McAfee.  If this is not resolved soon I will source my own anti-virus.