cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

McAfee where are you

Anybody else lost McAfee and managed to sort it.   Had probs yesterday, apparently BT did as well, logged on later and resumed this morning.  No McAfee and can't get half the stuff I should have on my  site.   My products doesn't show me all that it should, e.g. the Security stuff not mentioned.  Hacked off anyway as lost my landline, gone digital by force, and as an ex comms fellah I know that sun activity is going to leave us without emergency cover, which is why I kept the landline going for all these years in the first place.   Pensioners being left in the lurch, all BT seems interested in doing is plugging more and more products on me when I'm just trying to sort out what I've, or should I say "not got".  Hopefully I've now manged to get myself as the account holder at last, we'll wait and see.  In other words BT have lost the plot.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Dowload MacAfee????

Probs with BT broadband, I have this Halo 3 thing.  McAfee supposed to be my password manager and can't even get it to load on my computer since I had a drop out yesterday, 15 Oct.  Going round in circles, not mentioned in my products on "MY BT", it's as though I don't really exist on BT.  Can't find a way of doing a fresh reload of the whole shebang.  Can do without this at my age, it's driving me up the wall.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Re: Dowload MacAfee????

Hi, @S4Brains Thanks for posting. if you already have BT Virus protect installed it should open if you double-click the M icon in the system tray on your computer.

NeilO_1-1634402579819.png

Thanks 
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi, @S4Brains I have just seen your post from yesterday, to download BT Virus protect from MyBT you need to be logged into the primary BT ID as the account holder.  You can have more than one BT ID registered but only the primary one will enable you to fully manage your BT services.

To check which role is attached to your BT ID, please follow the steps below:

1. Log in to My BT >
  2. Click on Settings and Your account
  3. Scroll down and you’ll see if you’re an Account holder or Account manager

If your BT ID is linked to more than one account number, it's possible to have a different account status for each account.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Finally got round to having another look and msg rcvd tks.  Will check later today, actually getting reminders from McAfee now via email that my status is in danger because my subs are due.  No chance if it's with BT surely?  Basically looking like everyone and his dog is just after my money.  It's a hard loif.  Thanks again anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

To be honest most of the "terminology" goes over my head, I just understand there's a snag.  Part of the problem with getting joy is that when we moved here from Lincolnshire my missus was the one who arranged over the phone for the transfer of our BT so she is listed as the owner of the site.  She doesn't do computers at all and the bills are sent to me, as is right, and I pay them but BT won't for some reason transfer to me the ownership of the account, all above my head once again.  If things carry on I'll just change provider, easy peasy, already done it for TV to Sky.  All because people don't listen when I'm telling them stuff, used to work in comms before retirement.  Hey Ho!  Cheers anyway and hope I'll get a result this time, a lasting one.

0 Ratings