cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Mcafee Virus protect

Go to solution

My Mcaffee Virus protect: Multi access internet security is no longer functioning.  When I click on it it says it 'Quit unexpectedly', Same thing happens if I click on the uninstaller.  I have it installed on a mac, have made no changes recently - why is it no longer functioning?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Mcafee Virus protect

Go to solution

The link below will show you how to enable real time scanning once you've given full disk access to the four flles but Mcafee's website says that Firewall doesn't work at present on Big Sur and they are working on it

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_...

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: Mcafee Virus protect

Go to solution
I am still using Sierra OS.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Re: Mcafee Virus protect doesn't work on my mac

Go to solution

Looks like I will have to update my mac OS. Mcafee is upgraded to the latest version, but it doesn't work with older versions of Mac OS.  

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I'm using High Sierra too - 10.13.6

Minimum spec for Virus Protect from: https://www.bt.com/help/security/which-browsers-and-systems-work-with-bt-virus-protect-

Mac browsers:

• Safari version 5.0 or higher

Compatible operating systems

• Mac OS X 10.12 or later

Following the issue with Big Sur and the move to Mcafee 4.10.0 does this mean that the min OS needs updating too? I'm on a 2010 MacBook, so I'm unable to go any higher in Mac OS than 10.13.6

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

It doesn't make any difference which browser I use, and they are all up to date.  I suspect that this has occurred since the latest update to Mcafee, which appears to be no longer compatible with earlier versions of Mac software. I will not be upgrading to Big Sur, but possibly Mojave?

Even if there was still an earlier version of Mcafee available, which used to work fine,  I am unable to open the uninstaller to remove the version that is currently on my mac. This pops up when I click on the application , or the uninstaller, and the Reopen  option does nothing.

Mcaffee.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I have the same problem. I get the message, 'Multi Access - Internet Security quit unexpectedly' whenever I try to open the application or run the uninstaller. I have:

High Sierra 10.13.6

Safari 13.1.2

I can't update iOS because the iMac is so old. It's mid-2011. If somebody finds a solution it will be most helpful if they post it here.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
I'm pleased to say I found the solution for me. I logged on to My BT; clicked the Manage button under Your Security; clicked the Manage button under BT Virus Protect, which took me to a McAffee branded page; clicked the tab for the iMac that it's installed on and clicked Reinstall. As part of the installation process it said that I had to remove the version that was already on the iMac and provided a button to do that. After removing the old version the installation completed and Virus Protect worked.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks so much for this.  Tried it and it worked. Success.

Thank goodness for the community on here....no help from BT or Macafee !!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Is this really a solution though or just a workaround? Surely the very nature of a virus checker is that it's kept up to date with the latest version. If Virus Protect isn't able to give us that then I guess we need to look at alternatives. Or, BT, is there another update that will fix our issue?

0 Ratings