cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShadyCreek
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 38

Re: Missing Features in BT Cloud

Count me out on that one.  The Vault was a disaster from day one. 

No issues with BT Cloud.  Works exactly as I need it to.  Admittedly it's perhaps a little more complex than it should be, but once you get your head around the back-up strategy it actually fairly decent.  

Yes, there are things that could be improved, but broadly speaking I'm happy.  

0 Ratings
1940Everhopeful
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 38

I have some home made private recordings in mp3 format that I want to share because they are too large to email.  The Share facility won't let me, saying something about DRM which I take it is Digital Rights Management.  But they are not commercial copies of anything, just original recordings.

Any idea how I can do this, please?

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 38

@1940Everhopeful wrote:

I have some home made private recordings in mp3 format that I want to share because they are too large to email.  The Share facility won't let me, saying something about DRM which I take it is Digital Rights Management.  But they are not commercial copies of anything, just original recordings.

Any idea how I can do this, please?

From the BT Cloud Service Terms:

1. the ability to share content (but not audio only content) from your BT Cloud privately via weblinks or publically via social media.

In other words you can not do it.  You could try changing the .mp3  to .txt and see if that works.

0 Ratings
hatchett
Beginner
Message 34 of 38

BT Cloud should tell me what it is doing, which files it is uploading. Mine has frozen on "Transferring 1 of 52" but nothing to indicate which particular file might be causing a problem.

0 Ratings
Carty
Message 35 of 38

Because it sucks - right!

Okay, so we are 'sold' a feature as part of a package. However as far as I can see it is in breach of the Sales Of Goods act as it fails to live up to expectation based upon the feature of a digital 'Cloud' used for backup purposes or file storage, as this thread seems to confirm.

Basically it isn't 'Fit for purpose'. In breach of said Act.

If I have physical storage space I hire somewhere I expect to use it how I see fit and not have limitations which are not understood by the sales people or explained until after the event. This is called a Breach of Contract in the real world.

What do I want it for?

Same as most people it appears.

1) I designate what files or folders I want backed up (complete with structure) and I expect them to still be there when the files or folders are deleted from my PC - Fail

2) Once files are on the Cloud, I expect to be able to organise them as I see fit, as I may have a project I'm working on which I want to share with designated people and so sort them differently over time - Fail

3) I would like to create folders within the cloud ready for others to log into and upload files - Fail

4) I would like to use a simple FTP software to access the 'space' without having to use the 'App' - Fail

5) I work in digital media production and so I don't expect to have limitations placed upon me by a company who 'sells' a media service, to not be able to transfer that media (which I own the copyright for) as I see fit - Fail

6) The BT Sales people should read this forum and see the feedback so they can accurately explain to customers what they are 'not' getting when they sign up to this 'bonus' 50 gig back up service! - Fail

None of this seems like Rocket Science in this digital world, however digital dictatorship and such poor, poor thinking needs to be questioned and arrested before it becomes the norm.

None of this I expect to get any results from BT or the Admin team. I doubt they have either the pulling power or the will to do anything about it. It just makes me feel better as a 'paying customer' to have an open rant along with everyone else who has been misold to.

0 Ratings
R2
Message 36 of 38

Agreed Android is Linux, but also so is MAC... It's just a MAC User Interface over a Linux kernel. Plus any Linux community would be only too pleased to write the missing app if BT asked them...!    😞

0 Ratings
Cicero
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 38

I too am having problems. Regardless of the order I put files on BT Cloud from my Desktop PC the Bt Cloud app for Ipad reverses the order, thus the first picture in a folder is last and vice versa. I can find no button on the IPAD app to sort , is it me or is the feature missing ?
0 Ratings
ian-warks
Beginner
Message 38 of 38

This is just a poke to keep this updated from time to time - I still see no reason to move from Dropbox - both give me 50GB and one is usable...

The BT Cloud is still not as usable as Dropbox (if I am wrong, please update me) - No Linux support, Local disk sync (or it's not as friendly as Dropbox), no command line interface, etc

Also see : https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/BBOut/message-id/14349

Ian

0 Ratings