cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
besmirched
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Mod - please opt me out of BT Wifi with FON.

I've seen this come up a few times here, where people have trouble opting out themselves, and a mod seems to be able to step in and take care of it. If that's possible please can a mod sort this for me? I can pm any details if required.

I have attempted to opt out myself several times on the BT site via. MyBT, inclusive extras, BT Wi-fi, and hitting the Opt Out option. All this does is return me to the MyBT homepage. There's no confirmation message of the opt-out being selected, and I can still see it as 'active' in my Smart Hub 2's hub manager.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Mod - please opt me out of BT Wifi with FON.

@besmirched 

Email bt.wifi.admin@bt.com with your request to have BT Wi-fi disabled and include your hub serial number.

Copy it from the hub technical log as it needs to include all the symbols not just numbers.

0 Ratings
besmirched
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks. I have just emailed them now. Guessing I probably won't hear back now until Mon/Tue.
0 Ratings
besmirched
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

@Keith_Beddoe Thanks for the suggestion, but it did not work out. They emailed back asking me to call them. 

I was hoping for a quick hassle-free fix by email. I believe a forum mod may be able to sort this. Can a mod please advise on this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

Message 6 of 9

Hi @besmirched I'm sorry to see you're having difficulty opting out of the BT Wifi service.  I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team, we're quite busy in the mod team at the moment so it will take a few days before we'll be able to get back to you.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @besmirched, sorry about the delay getting back to you. I've raised a case with our BT wifi team requesting that you're opted out and as soon as they update me I'll get back in touch with you.

0 Ratings
besmirched
Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Thanks for the update. I hate to be a nuisance with such a small issue but the BT website is frustrating when it just doesn't let some of us opt-out ourselves.

No worries about the delay, I understand that you're busy, and this issue is by no means a big problem. Besides this WIFI opt-out niggle, all otherwise appears good with the new Smart Hub 2 replacement. All issues seem to be resolved that I was previously experiencing with the past Smart HH6.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@besmirched no worries at all, you're not being a nuisance. At the end of the day it's still an issue which I'm more than happy to help you with. 

I just seen your other post to regarding the Smart Hub 2 sorting the other issues which is great 😀