Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yarrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Mojave for Mac

Go to solution

Can anyone tell me when I will be able to use BT virus protection software on my MacBook Pro. I’ve been told by BT that the mcafee program from BT does not work and this issue is being addressed. I find it all surprising as Mojave os has been out for almost a year!

Can anyone suggest a temporary alternative?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Mojave for Mac

Go to solution

My advice and that of others on the forum would be not to install BTVirus Protect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. Do a search of the forum to see the problems. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free and AVG Free.

0 Ratings
Dode
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Catalina will be out this Autumn anyway, if you upgrade that is. There is no need for Virus programs on the Mac, there's enough protection built in and the BT one will only cause problems even when it does run on Mojave. You could run the free version of Malwarebytes which is as good as anything. You run the free version manually .

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Yarrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks for the advice. I’ve just accepted what BT had to offer like a lot of people, believing that they would know best and provide a good product. That hasn’t been the case this time. 

0 Ratings