Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bscarr
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Multiple Issues with BT Parental Controls

Hi,

I'm having a few issues with the Parental Controls. 

The first problem I'm having is that they no longer work! Since I've moved house (to a new property a few streets away from my old address; I took my account and telephone number with me when I moved), the parental control no longer block anything, its like they're not even activated! When I change the settings, I get an automated email saying my changes will take effect soon, but they never do. 

I reported to the issue to overseas broadband helpline and, so far, I'm not further forward. I've even lodged a complaint because it was taking so long to this resolved. Everytime, someone from the overseas team calls with an update, I have to explain everything to them all over again and then I'm "assured" that the matter is in hand and will be resolved in the next day or two by "the server team". The complaints department seem unable to get things moving any faster. 

Second problem I'm having with parental controls is that I can no longer access the parental controls page on my account. This started a couple of days ago.  Each time I try and access the page I get an error message saying "We are unable to process your request due to technical error."

All-in-all, I'm pretty unimpressed with the level of service I'm getting from BT. I can't believe that some something that appears to be a configuration problem can take a fortnight to fix! If I don't get the issue resolved by Wednesday of this week (27th May '15), I'll be closing my account and moving to another service provider.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Multiple Issues with BT Parental Controls

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they cannot deal with service issues that way.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail, when its your turn in the queue.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Multiple Issues with BT Parental Controls

Hi bscarr and welcome.

I'm really sorry to hear you're having problems with the parental controls. I can fully appreciate how frusrating this is for you. I'm sure I can help. Can you please drop me an email with your details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile. Once I have your details we'll take it from there.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings