cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

My BT APP Speedtest

I've just updated to the latest version of the MY BT App on my iphone and ipad and the excellent feature of reporting download and upload speeds to the Hub seems to have been withdrawn.  Has anyone else noticed this?  If this is a deliberate withdrawal of this feature it seems very deceptive of BT - hiding a key piece of performance information which could be used to discuss performance issues with them.  Hopefully this is a technical issue and it will be resolved soon.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: My BT APP Speedtest

@AandBwrote:

I've just updated to the latest version of the MY BT App on my iphone and ipad and the excellent feature of reporting download and upload speeds to the Hub seems to have been withdrawn.  

Seems OK to me.

PC :
MyBT - Test my speed 

iPad:

iPad MyBT Speed.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Just tried it on Android and it's working fine

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thank you.

That's interesting.  The strange thing is that yesterday during the day my iPad results included the speed to the hub and my iphone had already stopped doing this.  Yesterday evening the ipad updated the My BT App to the latest version 8.9.3 to match the version on my iphone.  Now neither of them return the speed to the Hub.  This used to be the figure I would use in any discussion with BT about performance being delivered not matching what was advertised.  I've attached the screenshots to show how the results reported have changed.

AandB_0-1585816387288.png

AandB_1-1585816419808.png

I've also noticed the odd message about using an ethernet cable they've supplied.  As far as I'm aware no cable has been supplied to attach a device to the hub and certainly not one that would work with a mobile device which is the type of device the app is designed for.

0 Ratings