cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

My BT App

I have an issue with Mybt App and viewing network of connected devices. Although both my own and my wife’s IPhone XsMax are both connected, they show as disconnected on the App. I have checked the Homehub website and both phones show as connected on there. Anyone else have same issue?  I have tried deleted MyBt App and reinstalling, also rebooted both IPhones. Still no difference. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: My BT App

Hi @Lansing21   sorry that the devices are not showing. Please can you try a Factory Reset of the home hub and try again.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi,

I have established what is causing the issue. The Iphone O S {IOS14.0.1} brought in 'Private Address' facility which is used as default. This precludes the BT App in recognising the Iphone is actually connected -- ie it shows as disconnected when it is actually connected.

If 'Private Address is disabled the BT App then recognises the Iphone and shows it as connected.

Therefore the BT App needs to be upgraded to recognise the phone with Private Address.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

@Lansing21 wrote:

Hi,

I have established what is causing the issue. The Iphone O S {IOS14.0.1} brought in 'Private Address' facility which is used as default. This precludes the BT App in recognising the Iphone is actually connected -- ie it shows as disconnected when it is actually connected.

If 'Private Address is disabled the BT App then recognises the Iphone and shows it as connected.

Therefore the BT App needs to be upgraded to recognise the phone with Private Address.

I cannot see that happening, as the device MAC address is used by many apps, as a security feature to ensure that only the authorised device is connected.

The MAC randomisation implemented by Apple, is going to break many applications and would need to be disabled unless you were worried about security when connected to a public wifi network.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Private-Address-MAC-Randomisation-IOS14-Apple-d...

0 Ratings