Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 44

Re: My BT ID and Bt Wifi

Go to solution

Another day, another call, another person telling me the same things again. So sick of this now, I'm completely ready to give up.

What is so difficult to understand? I can log in to bt.com, I can't log into btwifi hotspots. They ask me if my broadabnd is OK, they ask me if my home wifi is OK, the answer as always is yes. Perhaps if they called btwifi something else with now reference to BT in the name, I might just be able to be understood. Change the name of btwifi with FON to 'mobile wifi' perhaps.

Stop press, I've been put through to the BT wifi team, speaking to a native English speaker, that might help....

She says she knows what the problem is, sounds promising but I have heard that before. She wants me to change my BTID username. I can't (as usual)......  I'm on hold.

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 44

Go to solution

Some progress I think. The lady told me that my account is corrupt, my access level is 400 and should be 100. Someone called Kirsty is dealing with it personally now and I'm told I should be sorted in a week.

Finally someone from BT has accepted that it is their fault not mine, that has to be seen as progress. I'll update when I hear from Kirsty.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 43 of 44

Go to solution

I got another call this morning from a lady called Kirsty, she told me that she'd changed my account so that I can now change my username.
I logged in to bt.com, clicked edit on username, amazingly, it worked. I changed it to my email address, responded to theverification email and it only blimmin worked.

What about btwifi? Well, I updated the details in the app on my phone and attempted to connect to btwifiwithFON, initially no response, my phone just connected my own wifi, I decided to reboot everything and try again, still nothing. I had a cup of tea, then picked up my phone to try again and there at the top of the screen was the BTWifi logo, I checked and found that I was indeed connected to btwifi and the connection remains as I type. I seem to be sorted.
I know I'm repeating myself but if BT didn't automatically assume that the customer is wrong, I'm certain this would have been sorted much sooner. 
Once again, thanks to everyone that responded on this forum for your help. Without you, I think I would've lost it (mentally speaking) weeks ago. This has been an extremely frustrating experience, chatting on this forum helped no end.
Thanks, Neil 😄

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 44

Go to solution

Glad you finally got it working, thanks for reporting back.

0 Ratings