Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 44

Re: My BT ID and Bt Wifi

Go to solution

The main reason for the complete shambles is because 2 mail systems are running in parallel. Under the BTYahoo regime, account management was performed with a 'MYBT' identity which was just a text string and password with no linkage whatsoever with email address. Then, in their infinite wisdom, they introduced the 'BTID' concept with the transfer to BTMail, insisiting that users had a common identity and password with their email address. With the migration to BTMail now stalled, the whole system is in a state of complete limbo with 2 sets of credentials trying to work side by side.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 44

Go to solution

I am not sure how you have been trying to change your BTID but I have used this method. I have shown this with a btinternet.com email address but as you are aware others have said that it can be any email address so you should try it with which ever email address you want but I strongly suspect it has to be a btinternet.com address in order to access all BT services without problem. 

Log onto MyBT

Go to My Profile

Go to My Contact Details > Edit

Change email address to your  xxxx@btinternet.com

Enter present password for your current BTID

Click Save

Go to My security details

Click on Password > Edit and change to the same as your xxx@btinternet.com email password

Enter present password and click save,

Your BTID is now the same as your xxxx@btinternet.com email address and password.

This now how you will log onto MyBT, BTWifi, BT Sport and your xxxx@btinternet.com email.

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 44

Go to solution
I have been CC'd into the internal email about this issue, possibly accidentally. They may have found the problem. My account was originally a business line, it was changed many years ago but it seems that part of the incredible BT machine still sees the line as being a business one. As I've said to them from the start, it's a fault their end, not mine.
It's taken several weeks for them to finally stop assuming that it's my fault and actually check out their own system. It's clear to me that BT automatically approach problems from 'the "cust" is wrong' point of view. 'Cust' is how I'm described in the internal emails, could be worse I suppose. 😀
0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 44

Go to solution

Utter pillocks, still they continue to come at it from the point of view that it's my fault. Yesterday I had someone get me to download a little prog from citrix that let them use my computer, their demonstration of how to do it was hilarious, type - hit return - get error - delete - type again - hit return - get error, 3 times they tried, 3 times nothing happened. They disapeared for a while then came back to tell me they'd fixed it their end and now I can have my email addy as my BTID user name. Lo and behold, it worked, I can now log in with my old username or my email address on BT.com, not that this matters because I could log in to BT.com anyway.

So, I put my new details into the BTWifi app and surprise surprise, it made no difference, I still can't use BTWifi. I'm given the usual 'get out' clause of "it might take 24 hours" and we end our chat. 24 hours or so later, it still does not work, what a shocker.

Today I got a phone call, I go through as brief an explaination as I think I can get away with, after all, they know the problem now right? Chap on the other end of the line puts me on hold for 3 minutes, comes back and tells me to try to connect now. 'Connect to what?' I ask, 'your laptop to your wifi' he says. My wifi? My chuffing wifi? there's nothing wrong with my wifi, that all works fine, I explained in a cool calm manner. Smiley Frustrated

He disappears for another few minutes, when he comes back he tells me he can't do anything now and can he call back tomorrow? 'Why not?' I say, in fact, why not call me daily to waste my time. I didn't say that bit.

Still smiling, it's only wifi.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 44

Go to solution

Is your BTID now an @btinternet.com email address or is it another email address?

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 44

Go to solution
It's a gmail
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 44

Go to solution

I know BT have said that you can log on with your BTID and that it does not need to be a btinternet.com email address but if you have a btinternet.com email address why don't you try changing the BTID to that to see if it will work?

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 28 of 44

Go to solution
I have made one, I will give it a try...
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 44

Go to solution

You will probably know this but make sure it is the primary BTID.

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 44

Go to solution

Well, it was worth a try. I changed the email of my account to my btinternet one without any problem. I still can't change my ID name though, I'm not authorised according to the site. The app won't accept that email address as my login either, so still no luck.

I've written to the @BTCare team again, I just have to hope that eventually, my issue will get passed onto someone who can fix it.

Cheers, Neil 😄

0 Ratings