Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 31 of 44

Re: My BT ID and Bt Wifi

Go to solution

Did you follow the guide I gave above and the one in this link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44847/~/can-i-change-my-bt-id-username%3F

How did BT manage to change it to your gmail one?

Please keep us updated when/if you get this resolved.

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 44

Go to solution
Yes, I did manage to change my email address in My Contact details, it is now showing as my BT Internet addy. What I can't do is change my user name in login details. That's what I'm not authorised to do.
I don't know how BT changed it, they did it whilst on the phone to me but from their end.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 33 of 44

Go to solution

I don't know what you mean "What I can't do is change my user name in login details".

When you change the contact email address and then go into security and change the password to be the same as that of your BT email address, that should change your BTID username to be  your BT email address and if you want to log onto MyBT or BTWifi it should be your BT email address and email password that you use.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 44

Go to solution

I am out of ideas other than the following that you might want to try.

Try the suffix @btopenworld.com instead of btinternet.com when you log onto BTWifi. This has worked for some people in the pas. 

It might be as you have said because it was originally a business account that it is causing the problem. If you had an email address when it was a business account you could try @btconect.com

If none of that works I will be interested to hear what the final fix is.

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 35 of 44

Go to solution

After number 3 in your link - "Choose a new email address as your username and then enter your password to confirm", I'm done. Number 4 - "You may then be asked to complete some extra steps to confirm your new email address", didn't happen, so I skip to number 6 - "The confirmation will show your name has changed. You can now log in to My BT with your new username".

My email in my contact details did change to the@btinternet one. 

'My login details' is the next section below the 'My contact details' on the bt my accounts page. It shows - 

Username - 'myname'

Password ***********

Security question - here is the security question

Answer - ************

So, when I said 'What I can't do is change my user name in login details' it's the first one here that I cant change. It allows me to try but just reloads the page with a yellow box above the 'My contact details' section with the words not authorised. No more than that.

I'll try btopenworld

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 36 of 44

Go to solution

I presume that the same thing happens when you follow the guide that I posted, which is more or less the same as the link with the exception of the bit about the email being sent to confirm.

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 44

Go to solution
Yes, bt email and BT ID PW are the same.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 44

Go to solution

I don't think there is any more that I can suggest or that you will be able to do yourself to fix this. It also appears that the Customer Services you have been in contact with are not able to fix this.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
nm63uk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 44

Go to solution
Great stuff. Thanks a lot, I've only got a far as I have with your help really. ☺
0 Ratings
Message 40 of 44

Go to solution

Hi nm63uk,

Thanks for your posts and welcome!

Sorry that you can't use BT Wifi with your BTID and for the length of time that this has been going on.  Send us over your details and we'll look into this for you from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings