cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

My BT app: Unable to log in since iOS 14 upgrade

I recently upgraded my iPhone 11 to iOS 14. The BT app no longer lets me log in. It keeps timing out after entering my bt ID user name and password.  It worked before the upgrade no problems. I have deleted the app and re-installed it but makes n difference. Any ideas?

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: My BT app: Unable to log in since iOS 14 upgrade

did you read this post

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Private-Address-MAC-Randomisation-IOS14-Apple-d...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

Thanks I will see if it helps

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Hi, thanks for posting a link to access controls, but we don't use them with our BT hub.  I can see private network settings in my wi fi settings on my phone and have forgotten the network and rejoined it on my phone, but it hasn't made any difference to being able to access the BT app further than my password!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

This this may or not  help.

An update to MyBt came through on 17 Sept, after the iOS 14 update, Have you installed it?  It may help, or give confidence that the system is up to date.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Yes I have already updated the app. I still can’t get in, still the same time out error when trying to log in. I’ve restarted the hub (smart 2), I’ve seen my phone Wi-Fi settings has 2 x ipv6 addresses for me, not sure if that’s a clue to the issue but would possibly explain the private address addition by iOS 14.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

I have been having exactly the same issue.  How am I meant to manage the three Complete WiFi Discs without this?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Glad I’m not the only one then. Can’t get into BT cloud app either.

The easiest way I have found to check the discs is to log into the hub. A bit more long winded so not as good as the app.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Dear Moderators.  Any chance of some action on this?  I need the App to continue to try to optimise the location of our three discs.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

Have you tried logging in with Face ID? It can be set up from Settings.

0 Ratings