cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

My BT app won't let me log in

Go to solution

Hi, For the last month I have been successfully using the My BT app to control groups of devices (my children's) and the wifi timings. However, today I have been unable to log into the app on my iPhone or my iPad (which I tried today as a second option) - I get to the 4 digit pin code page - correctly put the pin in and get the message "Sorry, we haven't been able to log you in. Please try again. (Error: MB5-03)". I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, resetting the password, using a different device (iPad), updating phone software, phone off and on. I am running out of ideas and my children's devices are paused! They are not happy. I can't find this error code anywhere. Online chat said it was my device not allowing the app to run....but why? and why suddenly now?

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: My BT app won't let me log in

Go to solution

Have you tried logging in to MyBT via a computer?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

I can log in on my laptop no problem. Can I unpause "groups" from the website? - I can't see how. I have tried removing all parental controls but paused devices still won't connect. I assume the app has different controls to the website? 

Thanks for any help 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Just noticed this topic which seems to suggest there was a fix for the problem.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/My-BT-Android-App/m-p/2177539#M44251 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

When you login to MyBT on the laptop, click on SECURITY at the top. You will then notice the parental controls etc.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi  - Thanks - yes, I saw that - I have posted a reply on there so hopefully someone will be able to help resolve it. Fingers crossed!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I have just managed to get it working - I turned off the parental controls - redownloaded the app and went through set-up and it worked. I have turned on the parental controls again now so hopefully, it doesn't kick me out.

Not sure if that was the issue or if it was a coincidence.....but it is working - phew!

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @busylizzie76,

Welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if you been having problems with the My BT App. 

I'm glad to see that app is back working for you. Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings