cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

My BT app

Go to solution

I downloaded the latest My BT app to an iPad Pro 10.5” running IOS 14.2 on Thursday. The app continually froze at the sign on stage after entering my BT id and password.

I tried restarting my iPad several times and then a forced restart to no effect. I therefore tried to delete the app to reinstall it but despite numerous attempts to uninstall it still leaves a white wire lined icon on the Home Screen which does nothing when clicked on (if you hold on it the option to delete is there together with share etc).  I have tried numerous forced restarts and today ran a separate piece of software designed to get rid of deleted files etc, however the icon remains. When I go to the App Store to try and download the app I just get the ‘open’ option not the ‘get’ one, which when I click on does nothing.

In response to a reply from the developer following my negative feedback left on the App Store I am posting the issue here in the hope that a solution can be found.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: My BT app

Go to solution

Have you performed a full reset of the iPad? (not just a restart?)

A factory reset should only be done as a last resort.

Go to settings > General  > reset.

There are several reset options, and the full reset  retains your data, but resets the device. Make sure that you have run a backup of the iPad on iTunes first. If in doubt ask Apple, before you do anything.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Just preparing to do this now. Will let you know that the outcome is.

Philip

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

No,  reset has no effect. Left with exactly the same issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Something is corrupted!
Did you try the option to clean up the screen?

There's just a chance of an improvement with cleaning all entries in Safari > history.

Depends on what applications and data you have stored on the iPad......I would do a factory reset of the the iPad.

You then have to start again with email settings, wi-fi, etc.

You will lose all of your purchased apps and songs etc on the device. As to retrieving these from a backup to iTunes is questionable. Ask Apple forums. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

None of the softer options work. Now in process of reinstalling everything from a factory reset. Fingers crossed....

Philip

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Have completed a factory reset on my iPad and successfully installed the app. 

Now the process of syncing 420Gb of files back on....

Philip

0 Ratings