cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

My Samsung 7 will not log on to bt wifi hot spots.

My Samsung 7 will not log on to bt wifi hot spots. It connects to the wifi signal and the logon screen comes up but after putting in the correct user name and password the message  comes back that either the user name or password is incorrect. I can log onto the same hotspot with a laptop using the same user name and password. Any thoughts.  

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: My Samsung 7 will not log on to bt wifi hot spots.

Hi @wepxc11 welcome back to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're experiencing problems logging into the BT Wifi hot spots. Have you tried using the BT Wifi app on your mobile to see if that allows you to log in?

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Neil

Thank you for your quick response. I have tried it with and without the app . With the app after inputting the name and password I get the screen Unknown problem. There is an unexpected error try again or if it persists restart the app. 

That makes no difference

Without the app I get please check you have entered the username and password correctly.

the screen indicates that I'm logging into https://www.btwifi.com

I have reinstalled the app several times

Thanks for your thoughts  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Make sure you are logging in by selecting the option that you are a BT Broadband customer and not a BTWifi customer.

When you select BT wifi as the network, it brings up a login page, select 'already a customer' and then in the account drop down list ensure you select BT Broadband rather than the default BTwifi before entering credentials.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

If you are using a VPN try turning it off before you make the connection then try logging on.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

thanks for your answers unfortunately  there is no vpn  and I'm trying the bt broadband option in fact I tried all the options. I have noticed that it always stops the "save the log on details app" on the phone which has never happened on other services 

Thanks for your ideas

0 Ratings