Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MCB
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

My installation of BT Coiud does not match the help guides

Go to solution

I have had all sorts of problems with BT Cloud since the upgrade last August. Today I thought I'd finally try and get it sorted but I noticed that my installation of BT Cloud on my laptop does not match the one shown in the help guide. In the help guide on how to add files to BT Cloud it states "In Windows Explorer, right click on the file or folder you'd like to add to BT Cloud, then click Copy to BT Cloud" When I try to do this the option "Copy to BT Cloud" is not there.

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing BT Cloud but it hasn't made any difference.

Can anyone please help?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: My installation of BT Coiud does not match the help guides

Go to solution

Hi @MCB,

Instructions for using BT Cloud are here. If you want to set folders to Back Up to BT Cloud on an ongoing basis (so when you add new files to the folder, they automatically sync to BT Cloud) then the best way to do this is to add the folder to the list of 'back up' folders using the BT Cloud software (see attached instructions).

If you want to do a one-off copy of stuff to BT Cloud then you can right click on it, hover over 'BT Cloud' and then press 'Send to BT Cloud'. On my Windows 10 PC I've noticed that I don't get the 'BT Cloud' menu when I right click on the desktop, but do get it if I'm in Windows Explorer. If you're not getting this context menu at all then could you post the version of BT Cloud software you're using? Assuming the version number starts with a 15 or a 16 then you should definately have the menu - my recommendation would be to contact the mods, or the developers at btcloud.support@bt.com.

Good luck!

0 Ratings
MCB
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks JoeeeeeR. I take you point about "Send to BT Cloud" I can see that option if I right click on a file in Windows Explorer. A couple of other questionsif I may

1. I have set Back-up so that it backs up my Documents, Music, Pictures and Videos folders. Is there any way that I can exclude some of the sub folders within (for example) the Pictures folder from being backed up or can it only back up everything from within that top level folder?

2. The instructions talk about a little green tick on a folder to indicate all the contents of that folder are securely backed up. Non of my folder have that tick, even though they are backed up. Is there something I need to do to activate this?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

0 Ratings
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

No worries at all!

You can't exclude subfolders from backup unfortunately - it can only do the whole Top Level Folder. I found on one of my computers that the presence of OneDrive was preventing the little green ticks from appearing (as OneDrive was trying to add it's own Windows Explorer icon overlays) - disabling OneDrive solved my problem. You may wish to see if you have OneDrive running (or other cloud backup software that may wish to use icon overlays) and disable it if so.

MCB
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Re: My installation of BT Cloud does not match the help guides

Go to solution

Thanks again JoeeeeR. I did have OneDrive running. I disabled it and the green ticks didn't appear, but when I removed Drop Box they did appear. Thanks for all your help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Re: My installation of BT Cloud does not match the help guides

Go to solution

Ah good to know about Dropbox - I had dropbox installed some time ago without issue, so sounds like something that recently broke. Glad it's now working for you!

0 Ratings