Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 11 of 23

Re: MyBT App 8.5.2 Your WiFi network

Good morning Everyone,

Thanks for highlighting the to issue with the MyBT app.  I am sorry for the delay in acknowledging your comments.  I will get this over to the correct people now and see what we are going to do about this.

I appreciate the frustration and annoyance that is being caused by having to input the admin password on each time you access your Wi-Fi network, especially if your are using the default password, those are not straight forward to remember off the top of your head, but I guess that is the point 😮

Quick question, its clear from your comments that the issue with all devices showing as being connected to the 2.4Ghz range is still an issue on firmware version 8.4.8 so I will raise this.  Can you confirm if you are still being prompted to enter the hubs admin password when accessing the Wi-Fi section?

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 23

Hi @SeanD 

Thanks for getting involved. The enter Admin password every time was an easy fix. The solution was to delete and then reinstall the App.

The “Your wi-fi network” issue is still ongoing, every device is showing as connected using the 2.4 GHz band irrespective of actually being connected using Ethernet, 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz and was introduced in version 8.4.8. The surprising thing is the bug was not picked up and rectified in the latest version 8.5.2. It is a clear and obvious bug.

For completeness, Smart Hub 2 firmware version v0.15.00.06145-BT

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 13 of 23

Thanks @VeteranISPUser for confirming, I am so sorry about this.

I have highlighted your comments to the App team and I am awaiting a reply.  I will post back here as soon as I have some info to share

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 14 of 23

Good morning,

Thanks for your continued patience while I find out what BT are doing to address the concern you have highlighted here.  I have some good news to share!  I have been speaking with our BT App team about the issue you guys have identified.  

The team have confirmed that they have been tracking the issue whereby the app reports that you are connected to the 2.4Ghz range even when your device may be connected to the 5Ghz range.

A fix will be rolled out through an app update and this has been planned in for September 25th, so this coming Wednesday 😀

Once you receive the newest release of the app on Wednesday could you please post back here to confirm that the fix has had the desired affect?

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 15 of 23

Thanks @SeanD 

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 23

Good news @SeanD  👍

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 23

@SeanD I’ve just updated to the new version (v8.5.6) and it still seems to be displaying the same problem that all devices are connected to the 2.4 network when viewed within the app, as opposed to the 5.0 network when viewed in the hub manager.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 18 of 23

Hi @Paul_31,

Thanks for letting me know.  That's rather disappointing ☹️

Let me get back to the App team to let them know.  I will be back to you as soon a I have an update to share, more than likely be tomorrow.

I am so sorry about this.

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
wenklaw
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 23

Yep still showing incorrect Wi-fi band for devices

How an earth do they roll out a ‘fix’ which isn’t a fix, do they not test the app?

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 23

Hi @SeanD hopefully others on this thread may comment to see if they see the same behaviour.

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the app but no change. 

0 Ratings