cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
essjay
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

MyBT App - latest updated version for iOS 9 error message

Just loaded the latest updated version for iOS 9, and it accepts my 4 digit pin, but then fails to log in with "error code 5C" every time..........looks like someone didn't test this properly before release!

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 15

MyBT App - latest updated version for iOS 9 error message

Hi @essjay

I am very sorry to read of the problems you are having.  The app team have been in touch as we have seen a few reports whereby customers are having problems accessing the My BT app.

The error message that you have posted is not familiar, is this the only message you received?  If not could you post the error message in full?

Have you tried deleting the app and then reinstalling, entering your BT ID and password?  Do you have the same problem?  If you haven't tried this step could you do so please as it will help us in our investigations?

I have moved your post and created a brand new thread as others may be experiencing this problem and may miss your post.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Re: MyBT App - latest updated version for iOS 9 error message

Hi @SeanD. I've done as you suggested and deleted the app and reinstalled it. This time, when I enter my ID and password I get the message " sorry we haven't been able to log you in, please try again. (Error S1)"

I get this same message now every time I try to log on.

image.jpeg

0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 4 of 15

@SeanD, just as a follow up to this, since upgrading to iOS 9, I've found a couple of other apps that have been 'updated', are now not working, and are saying that they are not compatible with my phone.........I am using an iPhone 5C?

Steve

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 15

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will feed this back to our App team as they are keen to understand what is causing the problems.  I will keep you updated as to what the next steps will be.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 15

Hi Steve,

The app team would like to know did you have the latest version of the MyBT app prior to upgrading to IOS9?  Did this work without problems prior to IOS9 being installed?

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Hi Sean,

Yes I did have the myBT app before upgrading to iOS 9, and it seemed to work ok except for the speed test which never worked.

Steve

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 8 of 15

Hi Steve,

Thanks again for all the information you have supplied.

I have spoken with the App team and they have confirmed that they have made some progress in terms of a fix for this issue.  Unfortunately this could be two weeks out but we will confirm once a new release has been made available.

Really sorry about all the problems and that we don't have an immediate fix.

Cheers

Sean 

0 Ratings
essjay
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Hi Sean,

Just like to say a big thanks for following this problem through, and also thanks to the BT app team for recognising they have a problem, and are listening to their users.

Steve

0 Ratings
welshgit
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

hi ,i too have been having the same problem and i have deleted it and reinstalled it.

i have 2 iphone 4's  one has ios9 and the other has ios 7.1.2  the app worked ok on both, until about 1 week ago . i also get message Error:s1 . 

and when it did work i could not alway test my  bb 

if a fix will take about 2 weeks i am happy to wait 

thanks 

0 Ratings