cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

MyBT App

Go to solution

Hello All, first-time poster and new customer,

MyBT won't allow me to log on.  I get "Something went wrong.  Try again later".  I'm trying to get official support, but I keep being palmed off, so wondered if anyone can shed light.

It took a lot to be able to log on via the browser (three weeks in fact), but got there in the end once they conceded only alpha-numerics were allowed.  However, this only takes me to a dashboard with two red banners saying something went wrong.  

This is really irksome as I cannot do anything to help myself and support seem unable or unwilling to help.

My background is with IT, and has been since 1984, so I flatter myself I know the difference between a BIOS and a bias 🙂

Any help much appreciated.

Andy

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: MyBT App

Go to solution

Hi @AndyCooper66 welcome to the forum and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your MyBT account. We'll likely need to raise a fault with our bt.com team to get this sorted.  

Please can you send us your details using the 'click here to contact the mods' link, you'll find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: MyBT App

Go to solution

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me.  Much appreciated.

I turned out that the solution was to ignore previous advice.  

I received an activation email that, at the time, did nothing.  I rang in and was told that it was a scam.  This despite all the evidence to the contrary (complete message header, what it contained and when it was sent).  But the guy on the phone would not have it.  Funnily enough I lost connection when he could not explain how either they sent the email or had leaked the data within.  Curious that.

So, I did use the email I had saved and hey presto!  All is now well.  I mean I've lost 1 month of a three month BT Sport trial but I guess you can't have everything.

Thanks again. 

0 Ratings