cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

MyBT app wont allow changes to access controls for devices. Says "failed to update access controls"

I am no longer able to pause wifi access to individual devices via the myBT app - when i log in and select a device to change it buffers and then says something went wrong, failed to access controls. 

This has been going on for days. I have deleted and reinstalled app as well as resetting the hub but made no difference.

I need to be able to control internet access to my children's devices and this has never been an issue until recently.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: MyBT app wont allow changes to access controls for devices. Says "failed to update access c

Have you tried accessing MyBT directly by computer rather than the app?

https://www.bt.com/mybt 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: MyBT app wont allow changes to access controls for devices. Says "failed to update access c

You can ONLY  use the app for device access controls - logging into myBT on a computer only directs you to the app for access control. This is not the same as parental control.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks but ONLY the app can  do the device access controls - this is not the same as parental controls.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi @KCY Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to see you're experiencing issues setting the wifi controls on the MyBT app, I appreciate how important this feature can be and I'd like to apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Have you tried a factory reset on the Hub to see if that helps? Please post back and let me know how you get on?  

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Thanks for the reply. Factory reset already tried. I believe there is an issue with ios14 update on iPhones and privacy settings preventing access to hub controls

was so much easier when you could do it all from a laptop. Really bad change making it app only IMO

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @KCY Thanks for getting back to me, that iOS change was quite implemented quite some time ago. Have you the private address feature enabled in the iPhone settings? If it's on can try turning it off to see if that will allow you to use the wifi controls?

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

@KCY wrote:

was so much easier when you could do it all from a laptop. Really bad change making it app only IMO

But then the fox had the keys to the henhouse.

0 Ratings