cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
startingtopuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Net Connect frequent expiry

I have an imac, macbook pro and a macbook air. Mcafee is installed on all 3. No problems at all with the imac but on both the laptops I am obliged to download, reinstall & register every few weeks which is really irritating and time consuming. I while back I uninstalled the application and did a fresh install but it has made no difference. If anyone could assist it would be appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Net Connect frequent expiry

Hi satringtopuff,

Are you getting a 'Renew your subscription' or 'Subscription expired' error message when this happens?  If you are check out this link BT NetProtect Plus for help.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

My advice and that of others on the forum would be to uninstall BTNetprotect. It can cause problems on some computers and is a resource hog. Do a search of the forum to see the problems. There are far better free antivirus programs available such as Avast Free and AVG Free.

If you do want to uninstall BTNetprotect use this guide and make sure you use the BTNetprotect/McAfee removal tool after you have restarted your computer.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13523

If you do want to re use BT Netprotect, uninstall it using this guide along with the BTNetprotect/McAfee removal tool after a restart and then reinstall. This might resolve your problem.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/38369/

0 Ratings
startingtopuff
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

Cannot recollect which message I was getting, sorry. However this time when I attempted a re-install a pop up said a new version of Net Connect was available and the wizard did actually uninstall the old version before reinstalling the later one. Guess I will have to see how it goes over the coming weeks. Thanks to all for your advice.

0 Ratings