Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
highnoon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Netflix crashing on UHD box when navigating

I've been having a recuring problem for a while now whilst using the Netflix app on my UHD box. The app initially loads ok but as I navigate up or down/left or right or even when selecting a programme/film to watch it throws me out of the app and will not reload unless I do a power off/on cycle on the box. It has become so much of a problem I  have started using the Neflix app on my Now TV box, which does not seem affected by this issue, due to the frustration it causes especially if my Youview box is recording something as I cannot then do the power cycle cure. Anyone else having this issue?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Netflix crashing on UHD box when navigating

Hi @highnoon1966 Sorry you are having a fault with Netflix on the UHD Youview box.

Has it ever worked correctly via the UHD box or has this problem always happened. If it worked ok before do you know when the fault started?

Will you check that the software for your box is up to date How do I manually update software on BT TV boxes?
Is the UHD box connected to the hub via Ethernet or are you using powerline adapters?
Does the App show any error code when the fault occurs?

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
highnoon1966
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Hi John.

Thanks for the reply. Yes the Netflix app has worked perfectly fine for many years on my UHD box, started playing up during December if I recall correctly. I have checked and I do have the latest app version. My UHD box is connected directly to my hub via an ethernet cable and no error code is displayed during the fault, it just throws me out of the app and goes back to the Youview menu bar with the apps on, If I reselect Netflix the screen goes black for a second and then back to the Youview menu bar and so on.

Regards

Gary.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hi @highnoon1966 thanks for confirming that info for me. We would like fix this problem for you. 

I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

Cheers
John

0 Ratings