cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Robbiedp
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT Wi-Fi is only showing maps, can I search the web ?

Go to solution
Can i use BBC iPlayer on ipad with bt wifi...?
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

yes if you can get a good enough connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Robbiedp
Beginner
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution
Thanks...
0 Ratings
neil79
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

I am having BT internet activated tomorrow and want to make sure I use the right email and password for BT wifi. 

I have logged into the BT website with my Apple email adress but have noticed a email and password BT sent me in a email when I placed my order a few weeks back.  Is this the email and password  to use for BT hotspots wifi  on my i phone ?

I have noticed a lot of the fon hotspots showing up locally when out and about so would like to know what peoples experience of this service is ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Yes that is your primary email. You can log on to BTYahoo once your broadband is active and change the password to whatever you want. It will then be that email address and password that you use for BTWifi

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

neil79 wrote:

I have noticed a lot of the fon hotspots showing up locally when out and about so would like to know what peoples experience of this service is ?

OK by and large. Home hub hotspots (BTWiFi, BTWiFi-with-FON) are not as reliable as commercial ones (BTOpenzone) because they rely on the owner having a BT router, having it switched on, having it helpfully sited, and having sufficient bandwidth available.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings