cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

New BTCloud 20.6.1 Desktop App

I note that there a loads of problems with the new BTCloud APP Version 20.6.1 and in particular about it not starting etc.

Well, mine does seem to start on reboot and and I can go online and my backups seem be there and are reported as being synced. However, what I am not able to do is to is to find anyway of managing the list of files that I am backing up from my home PC.

I have found a link from the online page that offers me a download for a Desktop App, but before I run that file I would like to know if anyone else has downloaded and run this 'App', and if so does that provide a Desktop App with the option to manage the backup files from my PC.

The file that downloads is 'Setup-BTCloud-Production-20.6.1.exe'

If anyone has run that files please let me know.   

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: New BTCloud 20.6.1 Desktop App

When I tried to download the file McAfee quarantined the file as a virus threat, so I can't download or open BT Cloud

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

You appear to be lucky.  Mine won't even get through install.  It goes to a blank page: https://conf-btpc-prod.uk-uxb.synchronoss.com/snc-repo/data/SyncDrive/download?client=pc and then just stops.

For heaven's sake: every time there is an 'upgrade'!  It won't work on any of my PC/devices/phone.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

I should have added that before the 'upgrade', yes, I used to use the desktop app and have a dashboard from which I could sync, access the webpage and set up automatic back ups.  All gone and my folders that used to be marked for backup no longer have any back up process.  I'm having to upload everything manually to my work OneDrive when I create documents.

Should I be investing in another spare hard drive to back up my stuff?  I can get to the old stuff via the webpage, but someone is assuming that every time I create a document I am going to log on and faff around with manual uploads.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Mine doesn't even get that far, but maybe it is being quarantined without me knowing.  Just a blank install page that freezes and leaves an 'empty' BT Cloud shortcut on my desktop.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 11

Warning:  Don't Try!!!!

There seems to be a big big big problem with it.

see BT Cloud Won't Start - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

I use Norton, and it said there were only five users and only released a week ago. This always raises a question, but it doesn't actually say it's a virus and would let me run the install if I want to. I just wanted to know if any one has got it to run before I try it. Maybe I should just do it and see what happens.

OK, so I just tried and it said installing but then just dropped out. The thing is that I have the BT Cloud symbol in the bottom right hand corner and I can open that to get to the website and to pause and start my backups etc. I can also see a list of the latest backups and those files all seem to be uploaded on the cloud and synced correctly as far as I can see.

What I can't do is find any way to manage my backups, i.e. I can't see anyway to add files or folders and/or edit my existing backups. I am not sure if this desktop app is the full BTCloud installer or just the bit that manages the backups, but either way I still can't edit my backups. Maybe I am just missing something due to lack of instructions.

Peter

Message 8 of 11

I have downloaded and uninstalled, rebooted time and again. I get the icon in the system tray and a list of files etc. No icon in the start or File explorer. I think Bt should scrap this and go back to the working system. this is rubbish!
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 11

@Donuwrote:
I have downloaded and uninstalled, rebooted time and again. I get the icon in the system tray and a list of files etc. No icon in the start or File explorer. I think Bt should scrap this and go back to the working system. this is rubbish!

Can't disagree with that, unfortunately this is just a customer forum, we have no power to scrap it

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Does BT not take any notice of what the Community thinks or recommends?
0 Ratings