cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 22

Re: New Norton software

Go to solution

Hi I had the same problem and I'm pleased to say that this approach worked for me. As noted there was 1 file containing the name mcafee in each of the two folders. Thanks to the originator of this fix.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

As advised, downloaded new Norton Software... NOT happy. I had plenty of security from Windows defender. Now everything going haywire... How do I disable it?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

@redls wrote:

As advised, downloaded new Norton Software... NOT happy. I had plenty of security from Windows defender. Now everything going haywire... How do I disable it?

Uninstall it in the same way as you would any other program.

See Norton's link

Uninstall your Norton device security product on Windows

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

Tried that but it is STILL there in the BT account, though the Windows Security seems in charge. This is getting silly... especially when I see the amount the bill will be going up!

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

I have had exactly the same problem with my Mac.  I did what you did and removed the hidden files, but the Norton software will still not load.  There must still be another hidden file somewhere.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution
I'll keep looking!
0 Ratings
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

Hi regarding looking for files. You probably realist this but they also need to be permanently deleted from the trash. Bst of luck.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

I have finally located the rogue file in Launch Demons in my Mac library.  It was com.mcafee.cspd.plist.  The Norton software loaded successfully after removing this one last file.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution
Yes, but thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

Last time I left Mcaffe I found a small program on Mcaffe site that removes all trace of the program

trumble

0 Ratings