Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
nottud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

New Version Of iPod Touch BTWifi App Rejecting Login Details

Go to solution

The last version of the app worked fine but the new version with the brand new interface and using connection profiles doesn't - I follow the instructions and install a connection profile however when I connect to a BTWifi hotspot it says that my username or password is incorrect.  However browsing to the webpage and trying the details works fine.

Is anyone else having this issue and is there a way for me to revert to the older version of the application?

Thank you,

Will

I have tried installing the profile and re-entering the login details to no avail. 😞

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
bilbo_james
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: New Version Of iPod Touch BTWifi App Rejecting Login Details

Go to solution
Yep, looks like they've made a complete hash of the update. The password entry screen rejects correct passwords, fortunately I didn't go down the reset password route.
So annoying when untested apps are released like this.
0 Ratings
saintalan
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

Iphone app update says no longer available

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
I get this:

Install Connection Profile
Sorry there has been a problem downloading your auto connect profile, please try again later
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi guys,

We've unfortunately identified a problem with the new app where some customers may have trouble installing profiles. If you keep trying to install it should work eventually, but in the meantime we've taken the app off the store until we find a resolution. Sorry for your inconvenience, we will post here again when we have a further update to share.

Thanks,

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
Tags (2)
nottud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

I did manage to install a profile - but my login was rejected. Is this related to this problem or a seperate one?

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Our experts are still working to fix this problem (where customers are having trouble installing a profile) so at the moment the app remains removed from the app store.

If you had problems logging in yesterday after our update, trying again today and you should be able to log on successfully.

If you don’t have the iPhone app already installed, connect to BT Wi-fi or BT Fon in your wi-fi settings. Open your browser and you will be presented with a page to log in.

Stephanie

Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
nottud
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
I'll have another go today. 🙂

EDIT: The login works now thank you. 🙂
0 Ratings
davidthornton
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution
I used the new app earlier today when out and about. It connected to the bt wifi hotspot without trouble. I'd installed the profile yesterday. I noticed it had gone from the App Store today.
0 Ratings
IanNorman
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Any update on when app avail again as I deleted and now can not download from App Store
0 Ratings