Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KennyR
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

New free app

Go to solution

Has anybody seen the e mail from BT about a new free update for the BT You View box? It promises to allow extra viewing content. I have actually applied for this on 2 occasions but nothing has actually happened. Anbody able to shed any light on this.On a similar topic,I saw on a website (USwitch) that certain items would no longer be avai;able,such as BBCiPlayer and tht everybody ho has a BT account would be offered a new You View box free.No mention of this on any BT web sites which seems a bit strange.Why would BT offer a free softwate/app update if we are all getting new boxes anyway? Anybody able to shed any light on this. Thanks

Kenny

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Dean007
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: New free app

Go to solution

Hi @KennyR

In regards to the free box upgrade and removal of iPlayer, I have been across and had a look at the site you mentioned. The article dated in 2017 releates to BT Vision boxes and is now out of date.

BT TV is consntantly evolving, recently the BT TV app was revamped and a new BT TV app Extra which has additonal benefits was launched. This is a subscription service, but free to those who recently had a rise in their tv package.

BT TV have also signed a channel sharing agreement with Sky, And extended its agreement with UKTV to add HD shows.

In addition to this BT are also in the process of rolling out Amazon Prime to all its boxes, with the UHD boxes to get updated shortly.

Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: New free app

Go to solution

@Dean007wrote:

Hi @KennyR

In regards to the free box upgrade and removal of iPlayer, I have been across and had a look at the site you mentioned. The article dated in 2017 releates to BT Vision boxes and is now out of date.

BT TV is consntantly evolving, recently the BT TV app was revamped and a new BT TV app Extra which has additonal benefits was launched. This is a subscription service, but free to those who recently had a rise in their tv package.

BT TV have also signed a channel sharing agreement with Sky, And extended its agreement with UKTV to add HD shows.

In addition to this BT are also in the process of rolling out Amazon Prime to all its boxes, with the UHD boxes to get updated shortly.

...and in balance, BT Sports now have no Serie A, shortly no UFC & NBA and if rumours are true, no Scottish Premier.

Stew

0 Ratings