Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bonnyrigger
Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Nexus 5 and/or Kit Kat

My son just got a Nexus 5, went to install SmartTalk but the Play store says no (incompatible with your device). Any idea when Nexus 5 (or Kit Kat if that is the problem) will be supported?

Cheers

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: Nexus 5 and/or Kit Kat

I side loaded from my old phone to my Nexus 5. It works far better than it every did on my Xperia.
irco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

I have a Nexus 5 and Smart Talk installed ok from Google Play and works fine. Then my daughter got a Nexus 5 and site is saying Smart Talk is incompatible with her device. Something strange going on, maybe one of the tech guys can explain the problem. I understand that Smart Talk received an update last Friday 29/11/13 and this may be what is causing the problem. It was installed on my Nexus 5 before that date but my daughter tried after that. It is still working fine on mine, but I didn't get the update.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 4 of 18

Hi Guys,

Thanks for posting.  Since the recent Smart Talk app update, the Nexus 5 is no longer supported.  We came across a few bugs when testing which meant running BT Smart Talk on the Nexus 5 with the new App, would have been a less than ideal experience for our customers so for the time being we are not offering the app on Nexus 5. 

We are working on a fix for this so that we can support this device in the future but at the moment we don’t have a date to share.  I will continue to work with the product team and the second we can have a date I will post an update here.

Thank you in advance for your patience.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 18

In that case, I will hold onto the edition I have sideloaded, on which I made quite a few successful calls on my Nexus 5. Unless there is a major update, do I need to?

irco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 18

Did the sideloader thingy, as highlighted by MagicCottage, to my daughters phone, set it up & works perfectly.

Many thanks to MagicCottage for showing this was possible.

0 Ratings
MagicCottage
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 18

Only yoo pleased to help. As I've already commented, don't see the eneed to worry about minor updates either at this stage. It works and that's it for me!

0 Ratings
irco
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Thanks again MagicCottage. Don't think updates will come through for an app that is not considered compatible with the device it is on + If aint broke don't fix it.. I didn't get it on my Nexus 5.

If anybody not sure about sideloading, do a Google search for - BT Smart Talk 1.25.5-HA This is the version that is compatible with the Nexus 5 and is available for free download on certain sites. Although I can't vouch for them as I sideloaded the .apk file from my phone to my daughters.

A google search for sideloading will also be of great help and probably the best bet if you know someone with the correct version on their phone.

The new version 1.28.6-HA is the one that is not compatible with Nexus 5.

0 Ratings
tracker1972
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Does this explain why the Nexus 4, a massively popular phone that had been around for ages, is also incompatible? Or is the issue with 4.4.2 version of Kit Kat?
0 Ratings
tracker1972
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

And the Nexus 7? Not a phone but a very capable VoIP capable device with a data connection. Also on Kit Kat 4.4.2.

This at least I might expect to be more controversial, even though there is no real reason why not.
0 Ratings