cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

No BT WiFi hotspots

Hi, I’m currently trying to connect to a WiFi hotspot in the centre of Manchester. I’m on a laptop but the option of ‘bt WiFi’ isn’t coming up when I try to connect. Any help? I can’t imagine that there isn’t a hotspot in the city centre 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: No BT WiFi hotspots

Hi @JazRat welcome to the community and thanks for posting, you may not be within range of the closest hotspot. You can use this checker to find the closest one to your location.  https://www.btwifi.com/find/ 

Cheers

Neil

Message 3 of 5

The range of hotspots is very short and the vast majority are just BT customer's hubs transmitting the signal. It is quite possible that you are out of range of either private hotspots or public ones. All you can do is move around and hope to pick one up.

Edit: Typing as @NeilO  posted

Message 4 of 5

Thanks all, I’m a 5 minute walk away from the closest hotspot and I’ve used it a lot before but maybe the connections not strong today. Thanks anyway
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @JazRat, the BT wifi hotspots are mostly transmitted from other BT Broadband customers Home Hubs. If they have left BT or opted out of the BT wifi service then the hotspot may no longer be active.

Cheers

Neil

0 Ratings