cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Norton Anti Virus

I also cannot download the new Norton anti-virus software. I get so far and then get an error message ''NRnR.exe can't be downloaded securely''. I have chatted on-line to Bt - was told to contact the computer manufacturer. They, in turn. told me to contact Norton. They seem to not want to tell me anything as I do not have a subscription with them. So I am stuck. It maybe that my PC, being relatively new, had Norton anti-virus  software pre-loaded on it as a freebie. I did not renew this as had the BT McAffee system. BUT, I cannot find a way to delete this pre-loaded Norton software.

Can someone help please ? I have also deleted the McAffee system so have no anti-virus software on the computer a the moment.

Thanks.  

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Norton Anti Virus

If you are running a Windows computer Microsoft Defender will have activated automatically if it was found that you had no other anti-virus program running so your computer will be protected.

If you want to uinstall the pre-loaded Norton you should be able to do this by clicking on Windows start button then going to Settings > Apps > then scrolling down until you find Norton. Click on it and then uninstall.

Make sure that you run the McAfee removal tool supplied by McAfee to ensure all the rubbish left behind by McAfee is removed. 

See Method 2 in this link.

McAfee KB - How to remove McAfee products from a PC that runs Windows (TS101331)

Restart your computer before trying to install Norton.

0 Ratings