cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Norton Logins

Go to solution

I have installed the new Norton BT Virus Protect and Password Manager on my laptop and phone, but I am confused about installing it on my family members devices.

Should I be using my login as the account holder on their devices for BT Virus Protect and not their BT logins they use to see their phone data usage etc in My BT?

What do you do for Norton Password Manager - as you would want family members to have their own password store and not use yours?  How does that work?  I have tried using their BT logins for this and you just get a server error?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Norton Logins

Go to solution

Hi @Tod55, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

You need to be the Account Holder on the BTID to set up the Virus Protect and Password Manager.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @JohnC2 ,

I have the same question as @Tod55 but you don't appear to have answered the question.  If I log on as Account holder to activate, does that also determine the account information accessed by the PC/Android app on the Norton website?  If so, doesn't that mean that my wife's and son's data and passwords will be stored within my account settings instead of independently?

Thanks in advance.

LL

Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

I also have the same issue. My family have always had their own logins for  McAfee Truekey, using one of my BT licences. I don't want them to have access to my vault, nor do they want me to see theirs, so how do I give them their own vaults - or how do they create their own?

Thanks

S

Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

See this link from NORTON that may be of help.

Configure Norton Password Manager for other users on your computer

Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you.  Looks like you create a norton account for the additional users to use to keep their data separate.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

I'm just wondering if you managed to setup different accounts on Password Manager please?

I have spent days going around in circles, biting my own **bleep** so to speak.

I would like to setup accounts for my children separate from the main account, but I dammed if I can sort it.

Thanks in advance

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi, 

Password manager is free for anyone, so they just need to sign up for their own Norton account.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks Todd.

I managed that yesterday evening and made an account for my daughter. Now I need to format her PC, reinstall Windows and try it again.

I will let you know how I get on.

0 Ratings