cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Norton Password Manager Server Error

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help, I have installed norton password manager extention in Chrome and it worked fine. Then today it stopped working, so at first I tried uninstalling it from Chrome but it still said Server Error. So I then decided to completely remove Chrome and reinstall it and it still says Server error. Anybody know how to get this wretched software to work?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Norton Password Manager Server Error

Hi, @wurzelavfc I'm really sorry about that, we are aware of a problem causing the server error at the moment and working to get that fixed. Please can you try again later?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

This issue goes back to December. Isn't it about time it was resolved? Norton's not  a small concern and something as simple as connecting to their sever should be second nature.

I've had two issues of this nature within a month. The TrueKey server seems to be more reliable.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi. I've tried to install Norton this evening. Keep on getting a Server Error message followed by Error Description that is a long sequence of random letters, numbers and characters. Have tried several times, just end up at the same Server Error message.

Message 5 of 7

How much later? I still can't log on to the server on my desktop. The Android app is fine and doesn't seem to be affected by this issue. It's not confined to Chrome, I can't log in on Edge.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

This is still an issue. Beginning to think that the switch from Mcafee to Norton was a retrograde step on the part of BT.

The whole point of a Password Manager is to generate different, strong passwords for each website that you don't have to remember/write down in order to gain access to those sites.

Being unable to access those passwords for long periods (e.g. this issue was reported yesterday and is still an issue) is a major issue making the product next to useless.

The BT Service Checker doesn't even recognise there are any issues with the service.

Come on BT, this is not good enough.

Message 7 of 7

It's now working for me.

I would agree it seems to be a retrograde step. This error need investigating and stopped.

0 Ratings