cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Norton Password Manager

Go to solution

Hi,

I have successfully installed Norton Password Manager and copied across all passwords etc from True Key.

I am having no success in installing it on my wifes laptop,(Windows 11 with Edge Browser), I have emailed her the link and managed to install the Norton Extension, but cannot create a vault for her.

Does she need a separate Norton Account ?

Do I need to log onto her PC with my BT account ?

Can you please set out in simple steps the exact process.

Thanks JA4

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Norton Password Manager

Go to solution

Hi @JA4, welcome to the forum, and thanks for posting.

There can only be one vault per user account. To create a vault for another user you can create a new Norton account (independent from BT)  

The other user needs to install the Norton Password Manager app and then create a Norton account for themselves.  

1. Visit the following link from the required device: https://my.norton.com/extspa/passwordmanager?redirected=fromlegacy 
  1. Tap on sign in and choose to create an account 
  2. Enter the email address and password to create a new Norton account 
  3. Once done, tap on the install button to add the extension.  
  4. The vault extension will appear on the browser. Tap on it to see the screen where the user will be prompted to create a vault password. 

Hope this helps.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks John
Not really the answer I was hoping for, True Key was much more flexible allowing my wife to have her own vault.
I have posted another question regarding what happens to existing True Key vaults after 31 March.
Would you be able to help with that?
Thanks JA4

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @JA4, thanks for posting back, and sorry it's not the answer you were hoping for.

In relation to your other post, I've raised that and we will update that thread when we have the answers.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

This is a step backwards for the loyal customers. 

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

I agree, only having one password manager per BT account is very bad.  Surely if BT had thought about it even for a moment they would have realised the impact this would have on customers?  Particularly those with teenage children!

Come on BT, you can do better, it won't even take much effort.

P.S.  

I was very happy with TrueKey as was the rest of the family, some of us found the change more difficult than others!  It was a faf transferring to Norton, I didn't find the support provided by BT very good.   I also needed more than one account.  I wondered why I created a Norton account myself, I forgot about the 1 account limit with BT.