cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Norton Security change

Go to solution

I have just gone reload McAfee on a pc, and found it is changing to Norton....Again no email from BT to inform me of changes, but heaps of ads.....

I will attempt to change over, BUT does anyone know if the new virus protect, Norton from BT, supports Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1 Build 7601 64 bit please? as I was updating to Windows 10 in 2 days due to McAfee support ending possibly on 31st Dec 2021.

Wouldn't it be nice if BT told us the important stuff first? 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Norton Security change

Go to solution

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Important-updates-to-your-virus-and-passwo...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Kickstart1955 

Thank you for your post and welcome back!

The link that @imjolly posted above will give you important info about the changes to BT Virus Protect.  I have included a section of @SeanD's post below that answers your question:

What devices can I install BT Virus Protect powered by NortonTM on?

BT Virus Protect covers Windows™ PC and Mac® (desktops and laptops) and Android™ devices.

Not all features are available on all devices or all operating systems.  SafeCam is only available on Windows (excluding Windows 10 in S mode, Window running on ARM Processor).

Windows™ Operating Systems

Microsoft Windows™ 11

Microsoft Windows™ 10 (all versions)

Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions). Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 Start screen browsers

Microsoft Windows 7 (32 bit & 64 bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later with SHA-2 code signing support

Check out the link above for full info on the change when you have a moment.

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi ,

Many thanks for the link and prompt reply.

Have a good Christmas

Kind Regards

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks

I feel a lot easier now that I have your information.

Kind regards  

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Like many BT Customers online, I installed Norton Security straight away. However, I did not have a smooth installation experience. A number of problems occurred, most of which I have now forgotten, so the point of me writing this is that life online would be somewhat simpler if "idiot-proof" instructions were attached to the installation. 

I am still wondering what I may have missed or may have done better. On completion of the installation, my PC did not run well and it took a while to put right.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I may be jumping in to this thread but as an IT tech, I am very disappointed that BT have moved away from McAfee to Norton. In all my years of working in IT, I found that Norton is really invasive in areas of the operating system and contributes to slowing the computer down. McAfee, on the other hand, has always been a product that, once installed, is just there in the background and available when needed without the need to dig deep in the system.

I did move to Norton to give it a shot and had it on my computer for around 8 weeks or so when I finally decided it was too invasive for my liking so uninstalled it and bought McAfee again. I really hope that BT will consider allowing its customers to have a choice in the anti-virus area as it really is a personal choice. Norton is now provided as part of the package I signed up to so I will have a decision to make when it comes to renew my contract. Please bring back McAfee or better still, give the customer the choice.  

0 Ratings