cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 44

Re: Norton disappearing after installation

Go to solution

Scan finished, did a restart to be sure and Norton is still installed so fingers crossed the problem has been fixed.

Message 42 of 44

Go to solution

Hi @Dr-Al@Lainne1@prettyclaire

Thank you for posting back to update the thread.

I'm glad that the issue appears to be sorted and I'm sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 44

Go to solution

@Dr-Alwrote:

Update:  Yesterday morning, BT Level 2 support called me to check a few details.  The technician said that he was surprised because this was the first case he had come across and he would have expected it to be more widespread if it was a common issue.  He checked with his colleague who had heard of some cases and then he told me that he was going to take the matter to Norton through the partner channel.

I just had a call from another Level 2 technician and he told me that Norton are now aware of the issue and that it was caused by a rogue update version that they have now pulled from the servers.  I just reinstalled and so far, so good...

Version 22.21.11.46 pulled down by the BT installer.
Activated by logging in with BT credentials.
Ran Live Update and it installed 22.22.2.10 (as before), requesting a reboot.
Rebooted and it was still installed.
Ran Live Update and it installed 22.22.4.11 (skipping 22.22.3.9), requesting a reboot.
Rebooted and it was still installed.
Ran Live Update and there was one update but this did not change the version. No reboot requested.
Rebooted anyway and it was still installed.
Ran Live Update and there was nothing to install.
Rebooted for good measure and it was still there!

DrAl_0-1655138450773.png

DrAl_1-1655138997516.png

There needs to be a much more robust support system between BT & Norton. Customers are being left in limbo, unsure whether they have a functioning 'Security Product', or just ineffective desktop & system tray icons. Alternatively, self-uninstalling; absolutely nothing.
If you follow the BT & Norton Communities. The level of service is suitably sketchy. It all comes down to 'stats'. Agents closing cases, get a 'positive stat': win, lose, or draw. But then; you can always make a 'CEO's CASE'; if you're really short-changed.Chief Executive Officer Case ?

0 Ratings
Message 44 of 44

Go to solution

I'm waiting to hear back on mine.  If it looks like a dead end and they don't offer some sort of compensation or solution, I may take it to the ombudsman.  It's a lot of effort for a small thing but we are paying a premium to use BT and they are not delivering on the package they are selling. 

0 Ratings