cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Norton extensions

I have downloaded and installed Norton successfully. Now my browser is inviting me to 'Enable All Norton Extensions' . Do I need to do that?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Norton extensions

You don't need  to, its up to you if you want  to.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the prompt reply. I don't know enough about security to know if I want to. What is recommended?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

I don't use Norton, but this might help you decide.

Add or install the Norton browser extensions to your browser

The Norton browser extensions include:

• Norton Safe Web: Norton Safe Web helps you browse, search, and shop safely online. It analyzes websites that you visit and detects if there are any viruses, spyware, malware, or other threats. Based on the analysis, Norton Safe Web provides safety ratings for websites, before you visit them

• Norton Safe Search: Norton Safe Search is Norton's secure search engine that helps protect you from visiting phishing and other risky sites that may appear in search results. It uses Norton's Safe Web technology, along with the Ask.com search engine, to rate websites according to their safety.

• Norton Password Manager: Norton Password Manager helps you access, manage, and secure your passwords and personal information that you rely on for your online activities. It also keeps your passwords synchronized across different browsers and mobile devices.

• Norton Privacy Builder: Norton Privacy Builder is a browser extension designed to save your time and submit a Do not sell opt-out request. Norton Privacy Builder makes it easier to exercise your California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) right to opt out from selling your personal information. It is available on the Google Chrome browser for US only.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thanks. Hopefully a Norton user will respond as well. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Use Norton Safe Search as an extension to Edge ( a good browser if it’s available in your operating system) Edge is available from Windows 10 through to Windows 11. Norton Safe Search rates websites in the searches.

You don’t need Norton Password Manager, as the version in Edge is better.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Norton Web save is ok. Norton safe search may seem ok but I dont like it and toke it off my laptop.

Its just my option but I think McAfee is better than Norton.

Darren

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Thank you. 

0 Ratings