cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Norton won’t download

I’ve tried multiple times to update to Norton via MyBT on my iPhone. Norton keeps saying “Norton Security cannot be installed on your operating system …. However it can be installed on the following operating system:….  IOS”.  But I’m using IOS !!!

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Norton won’t download

Norton does not install on mobile phones. It will install on a Desktop, iMac oe a Tablet.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 26

Thanks for clarifying.  I’ve now got a bit further using my iPad. I’m into Norton but can’t install. When asked to “Agree & Download” the next page says “Follow the installation instructions below”.  Below that is a “Restart Download” button which doesn’t work 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Hi @jillian22 I'm sorry the BT Virus Protect software is NOT available on iOS devices however you can use the Norton Password Manager on an iPhone/iPad if you wish.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

BT failed to inform us that Norton virus protection from BT is not compatible with iMac. 

Message 6 of 26

Thank You. This is correct.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Hi @drabdulbasit That is incorrect, BT Virus protect is compatible with iMac however you need to ensure that it is running Mac OX X 10.10x or later.

I have responded to your other post with information to follow for the error you are getting.

Thanks

Neil

Message 8 of 26

After 2 days of trying different methods on my iMac running Mac OS High Sierra version 10.13.6

After locating some files as shown in pic using Free APP CLEANER & Uninstaller 

My Norton Installer is running on my iMac and InstallingDeviceSecurity. 

I hope it works. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

So BT’s letter promising “Your BT broadband will continue to include security tools and support to help keep you and your family safer online” …. and which ends “Putting your safety first, The BT Team” isn’t worth the paper it was printed on? Broadband customers using IOS deserve to be warned.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Thank you. I have now been able to install Norton on my iMac. Deleted few remaining files of McAfee from Finder. 

0 Ratings