cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 26

Re: Norton won’t download

I'm running 10.14.6 and it won't download!

Other post says they had to remove Mcafee before it would download, is this correct?

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 26

@Geoph welcome to the community and thanks for your post. I'm sorry about that, what error message are you getting?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 26

I get two pop up messages, first says “Classic environment is no longer supported” select OK and get a Safari message “No available application can open it”

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 26

Thanks, @Geoph  you might need to manually remove McAfee first before installing Norton.

Follow the steps in this guide

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 26

Removed Mcafee no difference, same error messages as before. 

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 26

I’ve followed the Norton instructions you forwarded. Removed Mcafee and residual other files. Getting same error messages.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 26

Hi @Geoph I'm sorry about that, I believe that means your operating system is not up to date. Is it possible to update to a newer version?

BT Virus Protect covers Windows PC and Mac (desktops and laptops) and Android devices.

The following operating systems are compatible:

PC

• Microsoft Windows 11
  • Microsoft Windows 10 (all versions)
  • Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 (all versions). Some protection features are not available in Windows 8 Start screen browsers
  • Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit & 64-bit) with Service Pack 1 (SP 1) or later with SHA-2 code signing support

SafeCam is only available on Windows (excluding Windows 10 in S mode, Window running on ARM Processor).

Mac

• Current and previous two versions of Mac OS

SafeCam features are not supported.

Android

• Android 8.0 or later. Must have Google Play app installed
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 26

I’m running iMac 10.14.6 the most recent issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 26

Hi @Geoph I believe that's Mojave and it needs to be on Catilina or newer for the BT Virus protect to be compatible. 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 26

Is that correct? A lot of older IMacs won’t run the 64 bit Catalina. And if I up grade my version of Word won’t work. I can’t believe Bt would release an update that will impact so many customers. 
Also as I’ve removed Mcafee I’ve no protection on my PC now!

0 Ratings