Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: Norton won’t download

Me too!

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Why doesn’t it say this on the letter sent out to possibly millions of BT customers who are also IOS users.

The final line if the letter reading ‘Putting your safety first’

Unless of course you are an IOS user! 

Why is this and is likely to change in the future?

Does this mean that come 31st March, my devices or no longer protected?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

I agree, there must be a vast number of IOS users with older machines that won't run the 64 bit operating system. Very bad move by BT.  Can I now leave BT without penalty as they have changed their product?  Having security as part of the package was one of the main reasons I have BT.  When I questioned this with BT, the tech guy said it was not a principle product, but a freebie so I wouldn't be able to leave my contract. I worked for BT for 40 years and had (say had) a high brand loyalty, but I will be looking at other suppliers when my contract runs out!

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

Hi,

We are getting told BT Virus Protect Software isn’t compatible with iOS, but haven’t been told why.

I’ve recently moved to BT broadband and have an existing Norton subscription that is due to expire. I was looking forward to saving some money, but now find that 6 of the current 10 devices that Norton is currently protecting, will no longer have protection when using BT’s version of Norton, so I have to renew Norton and spend the best part of £100 in the process.

What exactly is preventing BT Virus Protect from protecting my Family’s iPhones and iPads?

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Luckily iPad and other Apple products with iOS are intrinsically well “protected” ? without any need for virus protect but this is NOT GOOD ENOUGH from BT.
It’s supposed to be a freebie from BT but will not work!

This is no better than a marketing hype from BT and the CEO is responsible for this almighty **bleep** up! 

Email that CEO and demand explanations!

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

We can't download Norton on my son's iPhone which means he's got no protection. It's dreadful that BT won't protect all our devices!

0 Ratings