cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can not download Norton security on my iPad says not compatible system even though up to date iOS bt saying I need to get in touch with manufacturers they changed providers now just leaving customers unprotected  only just renewed contract on the 7th jan no one mentioned the change not happy no protection for price I’m paying

anyone else got a problem installing on ipad

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Norton

Go to solution

Same issues here and with the latest iOS too. Come on BT tell us how to fix this

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Same here. Says iPad is not compatible and that it will only work with device operating software listed below, one of which is iOS. I even clicked on the dedicated “download to iPad” option. So annoying. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi guys and thanks all for posting.

Just to confirm, BT Virus Protect is not available on IOS however you can use the Norton Password Manager on iPhone/iPad if you wish. You need a Android 8 or better. 

1. Open your device's Settings.
  2. Tap About Phone or About Device.
  3. Tap Android Version to display your version information.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi David so why does it give you that option on the linked download page and list it in the system requirements too? Feels a bit misleading and given that Norton offer it to iOS users why has this not been added like it was with mcafee?

9E7F33E3-8FA6-4F90-8C7E-71F63B98E824.jpeg

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
  • Thanks, will try that.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@DavidM are there any plans to extend protection to latest iOS operating system?

I've had a few attempted attacks on my iPad so could like to improve protection.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hello, what I can’t understand is that considering probably over half your customers work on Apple devices, it really isn‘t good that the latest anti-virus software you have partnered with doesn’t support iPhones or iPads! Very frustrating - does that not seem to be an issue for BT? It would be good if BT could speak to Norton to get this sorted out. In my opinion, having access to only the password manager, because you are an Apple user (when Apple has its own password manager already) isn’t really good enough - I’m sure I’m not alone in thinking that?!

0 Ratings