cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

I received the message to upgrade to Norton and clicked the link. How do I know I have Norton as I wasn't instructed to uninstall McAfee.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Norton

Go to solution

Did you read this post.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Broadband-Extras-Apps-from-BT/Important-updates-to-your-virus-and-passwo...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Still unclear, but thanks anyway. Like a lot of things with BT, I find I end up going around in circles without getting there. I'll give it another go some time later. Losing enthusiasm.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
I have followed the links in trying to get Norton downloaded on my PC. I get server errors. It suggested my BT ID may be wrong but I can confirm that my log in is at Account Holder status. So I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated. It mentioned to uninstalled Mcafee manually but tips from helpdesk seemed to be based on a MAC.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@Our-Manny I'm really sorry to see you're getting a server error when trying to change your BT Virus protect over to Norton. Have you followed the below steps?

• Go to My BT > Your Security
  • Find the BT Virus Protect tile and click Switch to Norton (or if you are using BT Virus Protect for the first time, select Activate)
  • Now open the BT Virus Protect app you downloaded and log in using your My BT username and password

If you're still getting the server error can you post a screenshot of the error message and I'll be happy to take a look?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi. 

Sorted at last. "My BT" log in username that I had for ages was not an e mail type and that seemed to be the problem. However, even after checking the forum for some tips, I still could not see a link on my account/profile which allowed me to edit this username. Resorted to a phone call to BT who managed to resolve the issue with the username change. 

I know that  I am a beginner with this sort of thing, but it seems that I am not the only one who gets stuck in a loop when trying to access a function that does not appear. Even during the phone call, I was directed to a screen and told to select edit. I said I would if the function was there but it wasn't. He found another way around it.

Anyway, all good now. 

Many thanks,

Steve.

0 Ratings