cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Barfly
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Not so Smart app

Having a nightmare with the BT SmartTalk app. It works great until you need to change or remove a user and then you end up tearing your hair out. I have the app on my iphone and it works fine. I added my son as a household member so that he could have the app on his phone and it never worked. Constantly threw up errors that had us going round in circles to the point were we just gave up and deleted it off his phone. Now he's given the phone to his brother who wants the app and we're running round in circles again. It's constantly saying the phone is already registered during the sign up process (even though the original sign up never completed) and MyBT doesn't offer the option to delete it but rather an option to block it. I then thought I should delete my account (main account holder) to see if it removed everything and would let us all to start from scratch. Tried to start this process and every time I try it throws up -

Error 500--Internal Server Error
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1: 10.5.1 500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Why is it so difficult to achieve the most simple of tasks with this app?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Not so Smart app

did you set up a brand new BTID for the brother?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Barfly
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Not so Smart app

Yes new email etc. When it came to ringing the house number it says the phone is already registered to another ID. Can't see an obvious way of resolving it.

0 Ratings