cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 19

Re: Opt out of bt wifi

Go to solution

@mrMick I'm sorry you're Hub has started broadcasting the BT wifi signal in error.

I've picked up the webform you filled in and there appears to be a discrepancy with your wifi opt out status.  Regrettably I have not been able to fix this today and need to enlist the help from the wifi team, as soon as I get any updates back I'll get back in touch with you.

0 Ratings
mrMick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

Go to solution

@NeilO

Thanks for the update, much appreciated. Sounds like this could take a while to resolve.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 19

Go to solution

@mrMick No problem, I'm afraid it doesn't appear to be a straight forward fix but I will stick with it until we get you sorted. 

0 Ratings
AlanW1
Beginner
Message 14 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO

I'm experiencing the same issue. At some point over the past day or two the FON wifi network popped up again and I'm unable to opt-out on the website (option missing, opted out years ago, same as the original poster). Will your fix solve the problem for everyone affected or should I send you my details as well?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 19

Go to solution

Hi @AlanW1,

I'm sorry you're experiencing the same issue. I'll be able to help you with this. Please can you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
mrMick
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 19

Go to solution

So, i've returned home to find the issue is resolved me. Thanks for all the help, good people 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 19

Go to solution

@mrMick Thanks for posting back confirming this is now sorted and sorry for any inconvenience caused.  If you need any help in the future create an new post  Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
torpu
Message 18 of 19

Go to solution

Hi 

I am experiencing the same issue select manage extras- BT-Wifi -Manage BTWifi - Opt out but doesn't opt me out.

Tried to to opt out a few times and just goes back to my hopepage

0 Ratings
JonathanAnsell
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 19

Go to solution
Don't know if it's ok to post this or not but when I had a problem opting out of BT FON and my Smart Hub kept broadcasting it I rang up and was in touch with the BT Wifi Admin team using this email:

bt.wifi.admin@bt.com

Might be helpful to people. They need the full serial number from the unit including any symbols. Easiest to just copy it from the status menu on 192.168.1.254.
0 Ratings