Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kadajski
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Opting out of BT FON

Hi,

I would like to opt out(well check if I am opted in) to BT FON. Though it asks for a bt email address, which I didnt have. So I created one, then tried to check status or register at https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon though it says my user is invalid. The user I just created and can log in fine to. Does this take awhile to reflect across all the services? Also can I not just opt out/check status without this bt email address?

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Opting out of BT FON

Have you tried doing this with the email you registered with? or does that not work.

If that does not work call this number 0800 022 3322 as this is the BT Fon team for all inquiries.

If not post back

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Opting out of BT FON

It needs to be the primary email address that should have been created when you first signed up to BT Broadband.

For new customers, I would expect that to be the same as your BT ID (the one you use to log in to MyBT on this web site), but BT have over-complicated things recently, so there seem to be all sorts of strange special cases.

For older customers on BT Yahoo  mail, it's the email and password that you use to log in to BT Yahoo mail.

0 Ratings