cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 44

Re: Opting out of BT Wifi being made impossible by frustrating customer service- sick of BT already!

Go to solution

This is very interesting. I have been trying to opt out since June 2013 and although 2.4Ghz has been disabled, the 5Ghz is still active and the HH4 shows as being active.

May I ask you how long has it been since you opted out and also can you give me a clue how you got to the button on MyBT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 44

Re: Opting out of BT Wifi being made impossible by frustrating customer service- sick of BT already!

Go to solution

If you log onto your MyBT and scroll down to the extras you will see BTWifi and the "MyBTWifi " button. Click on that and it takes you to the Opt out page, which I suspect you have already used.

This is a link to it.

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do

As you may have already been informed, although the 5Ghz is showing as still being Opted in I don't think you can actually log on to BTWifi via that.

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 44

Go to solution
Hi, yes you can. I had decorators in the house last week and their phones were using the 6 Ghz. So I went into the hub manager and disconnected them but within seconds their phones logged on again. This to my option proves that the hub does not disable wifi fully!
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 44

Go to solution
Sorry I meant 5 Ghz. By the way I had the decorators all week and every day their phones logged onto my hub!
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 44

Go to solution

Still can't find the Opt Out button in the MyBT pages that jc2014uk was talking about which took him staight to being opted out. Does anybody know of this button?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 44

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 44

Go to solution

Hi Keith, from reading jc2014uk post it seems he found a different button that did not require him to go through the BTWiFi Opt out pages, this is what he said in his post: " I stumbled upon a seperate button in the My BT pages that said to press to opt out of wifi.

I expected it to just take me to the link that I have been unable to log into (for the reasons given in my previous posts) but it didn't, and gave me an immediate message saying that I would be opted out of Bt Wifi within 24hrs. Must admit I didnt expect it to work but it did"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 44

Go to solution

If its just the 5Ghz band that is radiating BT Wifi, then that is a known issue which BT are aware of.

I have never come across a link on MyBT which allows you to opt out, without taking you to a login page.

Why can`t you use the link that needs you to login?

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 44

Go to solution

It does not disable the 5Ghz as I have discovered but if it is a known fact then perhaps it will get resolved eventually. This is also the reason why the hub is still in the Wifi "Active" mode when in the hub manager.

I guess in the meantime I will have to disable the 5Ghz through the hub manager so that nobody can use it including my household!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 44

Go to solution

Why is there a problem with other people using BT Wifi. It does not affect your download allowance or speed?

0 Ratings