cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 41 of 44

Re: Opting out of BT Wifi being made impossible by frustrating customer service- sick of BT already!

Go to solution

You do give your consent, its in the terms and conditions that you signed up to. If you are that bothered, just get a third party router which can't transmit BTwifi.

Gonzo1
Message 42 of 44

Re: Opting out of BT Wifi being made impossible by frustrating customer service- sick of BT already!

Go to solution

You miss the point entirely.  Why should I have to take avoiding action?  The terms and conditions (I bet you don't read them all either!) also say that I can opt out if I wish.  But I am unable to do that even by following their instructions on how to acheive it to the letter.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 44

Go to solution
0 Ratings
donecek
Contributor
Message 44 of 44

Go to solution
At first you need to fully understand why the BT want to keep you desperately as the free BT Hotspot service for anybody around your router and then you will get to know that despite of the fact you have opted out of the BT Wifi so they will carry on to keep your router as the free Hotspot... So if you will find out on your router an connected intruders and you will not be able to remove them then 100% the BT has tricked you like me and other customers. The BT company only stopped this behaviour when I had done a report into the Ombudsman office and then it was OK for some time but now I have had found out an intruders on my router again who I can't remove and they can connect to my router as they like to do anytime despite i had put the MAC filtering on ... The BT company is the only wizard who can drive your router on-line and you will always depend on their will what the BT company will want from you for free...
0 Ratings