cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Jo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

PROBLEMS WITH PARENTAL CONTROLS

We have been having problems with parental controls for the past few days.  We upgraded from a BT hub 5 to a BT smart hub 6 and since then the parental controls don't seem to be working, not sure it this is just a coincidence.  They were working fine before.  We have gone from no sites being blocked even though the filter level was set at light, to now nearly all sites being blocked as it says we have strict filter level on but according to our account it is on moderate.  Everytime I try to change the filter level to light it displays an error message and reverts back to moderate.  I have tried turning parental controls off altogether etc, rebooted the hub but nothing seems to work.  We have been on live chat but no use.  Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: PROBLEMS WITH PARENTAL CONTROLS

Hi @Steve_Jo,

Can you take a look at this page Parental Control Problems?

If that doesn't help you, we'll need to look into it for you. You can reach us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Steve_Jo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks Daniel, I have tried all of this to no avail.  I have contacted the mods. Regards Jo

Steve_Jo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 11

I haven't had any more communication regarding this.  How long is it likely to take?  

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

Under ideal conditions, the moderators can normally deal within 48 hours, but they are running a bit behind at the moment as they are only a small team based in the UK. They will however take full ownership until any issues are resolved. They are a very good team.

0 Ratings
Steve_Jo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Hi Daniel, I'm not sure if it was you that I spoke to earlier but I haven't had a call from the parental controls team that was expected tonight.  This is becoming very frustrating as we are unable to access most websites. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Have you still got the Hub5, if so re-connect it and see if that is ok.

0 Ratings
Steve_Jo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks for your suggestion but it has been sent back to BT!!
0 Ratings
Steve_Jo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Can someone please tell me what is going on.  I was expecting a call from the parental control team last night but have heard nothing.  While at work I missed a call regarding my complaint but I was not aware I had made a complaint!! They are due to call back tomorrow morning when I will be at work!!! I JUST WANT PARENTAL CONTROLS FIXED SO THAT WE CAN ACCESS THE INTERNET

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Steve_Jo,

Thanks for posting. I've asked the parental controls team to get in touch asap.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings