cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Valewood
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Parent Controls and blocking a site

I am tryng to block a site and have entered the  site address (without www.). The site is blocked successfully on PC and laptops, but some mobiles and tablets ( not all of them) are still able to get through. I've tried accessing the site on my android mobile. I can get through to site on normal Chrome, but if I try it in incognito mode I can't. This is all going through wifi as there is no mobile signal where I live.

The smart hub (6) has been rebooted several times and the blocked address was entered more than 12 hours ago.  I've deleted the Cache from the internal memory on the mobile, wiped everything else I can think of but problem persists. Would appreciate some help as I'm stumped.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Parent Controls and blocking a site

Hi @Valewood Sorry you're having a problem with Parental Controls.

Have you followed the steps at: 

cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Valewood
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Parent Controls and blocking a site

Hi John,

Yes been through that list .

I've got restrictions down fairly tight. The site is named in blocked list. It's just the fact it blocks on some devices but not on others. As I said I'm using my mobile ( with no data signal just wifi) as a test bed and can get through to the blocked site through Chrome even though I've wiped cache, histoy, etc and restarted the hub.

0 Ratings